Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you.
Phoenix Divers offer this program in a 5m deep pool. You can try scuba close to home, right here in the Gauteng area. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience:
- You must be at least 10 years old.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary.
- You need to be in reasonable physical health.
- Live in or near the Gauteng (South Africa) province, to be able to do your practical dive experience.
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn the key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Phoenix Divers will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Discover Scuba Diving introduction. One of our Phoenix Divers PADI Instructors will then contact you about scheduling time for your very first exciting in-water session.
- This Intro Requires 1 Practical Day
- Normally Over Weekends
Your Phoenix Divers - PADI Discover Scuba Diving Intro includes:
- Full gear rental & air fills for entire Course
- 1 Confined Water Pool Session
- Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide
- You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your underwater experience.