This course can be taken after completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification. It's titled PADI Advanced Open Water Diver because it advances your diving knowledge & skills.
That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialities while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
Get credit! Each Adventure Dive may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver Course. If you’ve already taken a speciality diver course, ask your instructor if you’ve earned credit for an Adventure Dive.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old are ready to step up and enrol in an Advanced Open Water Diver course. Young divers may only participate in certain Adventures Dives – check with your PADI Instructor.
To enrol in a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course):
-If you’re already an Adventure Diver, you only need to complete two more Adventure Dives to earn the Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
- You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives.
- There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
- During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving.
- The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
- The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
Adventure Dives To Choose From ( Speciality Dives):
- Equipment Specialist
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Navigation Adventure Diver
- Deep Diver
- Distinctive Shark Conservation
- Wreck Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Full Face Mask
- Sidemount Diver
- Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox)
- Advanced Enriched Air (Nitrox)
- O2 Provider
- Dry Suit Diver
- Public Liability Diver
- Independent Diver
- Project Aware Conservationist
Beyond using basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a compass and dive knife or dive tool. You’ll also use specialized gear depending on the Adventure Dives you choose. For example, you’d obviously use a dry suit for the Dry Suit Adventure Dive or a sidemount configuration during the Sidemount Adventure Dive. Your PADI Instructor will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as dive light for night diving or lift bag for search and recovery diving.
Ask one of our Phoenix instructors to learn more about the gear you will need to start your adventures in the Advanced Open Water Diver course.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course, you will receive an email with the e-learning information you need to start with PADI's home-study materials.
The web-based system lets you learn about seven of the most popular Adventures Dives – including the required Deep and Underwater Navigation Adventure Dives, plus Boat, Night, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Naturalist and Wreck Adventure Dives. You study at your own pace through an easy to use, interactive program. You also have access to an online version of the Advanced Open Water Diver manual and can complete sections for other Adventure Dives as directed by your PADI Instructor.
Your Phoenix Divers PADI Instructor will then contact you about scheduling time for in-water training.
Your Phoenix Divers - PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course includes:
- Gear rental & air fills for entire Course
- E-touch Open Water Diver Manual
- Confined Water Pool Sessions
- Open Watter Sessions
- First-rate Certification & E-Card
* Excludes R140 entrance fee at Miracle Waters.