The PADI Junior Adventure Diver course is a subset of the PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver Course. Have you always wanted to try digital underwater photography, fish identification or dry suit diving?
There’s a long list of scuba adventures you can take part in during this program. Complete three Adventure Dives and you earn the Adventure Diver certification. It’s a great opportunity to work with your instructor to build your scuba skills and gain more confidence. Get a taste of what you like and enjoy scuba diving more than ever.
To enroll in a PADI Junior Adventure Diver course:
- You need to have achieved your PADI Junior Open Water Diver Certification (or similar diving agency).
- PADI Junior Open Water Divers who are at least 10-14 years old and want to take the next step should enroll in an Adventure Diver course. Young divers may only participate in certain Adventures Dives – check with your PADI Instructor.
- Parental permission needed.
You can choose what you’re most interested in learning. Need to work on your buoyancy skills? Try the Peak Performance Buoyancy Adventure Dive. Want to know what you’re looking at down there? Try the AWARE - Fish Identification or Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dives. You’ll plan your path with your instructor, go over what you need to know and dive in quickly.
The PADI Adventure Diver Certification consists of:
Complete three Adventure Dives and you earn the Adventure Diver certification.
- Complete the three Knowledge Reviews for the completed Adventure Dives.
- Complete Thinking Like a Diver Knowledge Development section.
- Depth requirements vary by dive. Check with your Instructor for information specific to each Adventure Dive and the General Standards and Procedures Guide for junior diver limitations.
Some Elective Adventure Dives To Choose From (Specialty Dives):
- Equipment Specialist (age 10)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy (age 10)
- Navigation Adventure Diver (mandatory) (age 10)
- Deep Diver (mandatory) (21meters for age 12 - 14, 30meters age 15 and older)
- Distinctive Shark Conservation (age 12)
- Wreck Diver (age 15)
- Underwater Naturalist (age 10)
- Full Face Mask (age 12)
- Sidemount Diver (age 15)
- Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) (age 12)
- O2 Provider
- Dry Suit Diver (age 10)
- Project Aware Conservationist
- Drift Diver (age 12)
- Search & Recovery (age 12)
Beyond using basic scuba equipment, you’ll learn to use specialized gear depending on the Adventure Dives you choose. For example, you will need a dry suit for the Dry Suit Adventure Dive or a sidemount configuration for the Sidemount Adventure Dive. Your PADI Instructor will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as a dive light for night diving or a lift bag for search and recovery diving.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Junior Adventure Diver Course, one of our qualified Phoenix Divers Instructors will get in touch with you to discuss what 3 Adventure Dives you would like to complete.
- Normally over weekends but possible for during the week training
Getting started with the Knowledge section, the web-based system lets you learn about some of the most popular Adventure Dives at your own pace through an easy to use, interactive program. You also have access to an online version of the Adventures in Diving manual and can complete sections for other Adventure Dives as directed by your PADI Instructor. You can also choose to read the Adventures in Diving manual and watch the Adventures in Diving video (a book and DVD package).
Your instructor will also answer any questions you have along the way and check your progress to make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
Your Phoenix Divers - PADI Junior Adventure Divers Course includes:
- Full gear rental & air fills for entire Course
- E-touch Advanced Diver Manual
- Confined Water Pool Sessions
- Open Water Sessions
- First-rate Certification & Card
* Excludes R170 entrance fee at Miracle Waters.