Young scuba divers describe the PADI Junior Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding and fun course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem-solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
PADI (Junior) Advanced Divers who are at least 12 years old may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. You can complete this training during the Rescue Diver course.
To enroll in a PADI Junior Rescue Diver course:
- You must be 12 years old or older.
- Have your PADI Junior Advanced Diver qualification or be a PADI Junior Adventure Diver & have completed an Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health.
- Parental permission needed.
The PADI Junior Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond.
During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills:
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
You’ll use your basic scuba equipment and will need a pocket mask to practise in-water resuscitation. During exercises, you’ll work with an oxygen unit, floats, marker buoys and perhaps CPR mannequins. Your Phoenix PADI Instructor will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as your own first aid kit, which will be useful throughout your diving career.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Junior Rescue Diver Course, you will receive an email with the e-learning information you need to start with PADI's home-study materials.
Your Phoenix Divers PADI Instructor will then contact you about scheduling time for in-water training. Your instructor will also do your knowledge review with you and answer any questions you have along the way and check your progress to make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
- This course requires 4 - 5 days of practical assessment
- Normally over weekends but possible for during the week training
Your Phoenix Divers - PADI Junior Rescue Diver Course includes:
- Gear rental & air fills for entire Course
- e-Touch Diver Manual
- Confined Water Pool Sessions
- Open Water Sessions
- 5 Practical Days
- First-rate Certification & e-Card
* Excludes R170 entrance fee at Miracle Waters.