The third part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program is Tec 50. As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a tec diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 metres. You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases. It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
To enroll in this course you must be:
- Be a PADI Tec 45 diver
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- At least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres
- At least 15 dives deeper than 30 metres
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Note: That qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
The Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives.
This course focuses on the following:
- Mission planning and execution.
- Learn more about handling emergencies and how to think like a technical diver.
- Make actual decompression dives as deep as 50 meters
- Use enriched air nitrox and/or oxygen for decompression
You’ll use full technical equipment and you may use a technical sidemount configuration, plus two stage/decompression cylinders. Your Tec Deep Instructor may also introduce you to using trimix on the last open water dive.
Note: We do suggest contacting us directly to consult on your final price and practical training days time, before purchasing this product online. Depending on your skill level the price and days vary.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Tec 50 Course, you will receive an email with the learning information you need.
Make sure you have the most current PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you’ll study independently before meeting with your PADI Tec Deep Instructor.
Your Phoenix Divers PADI Instructor will contact you about scheduling time for practical training.