This is a course recommended for everyone. Course participants learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful learning environment. All courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos and quick reference cards to enhance learning and allow you to start learning right away.
What you will learn:
- Primary Care (CPR) – This portion teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have any heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding.
- Scene Assessment, Barrier Use, Primary Assessment, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Serious Bleeding Management, Shock Management, Spinal Injury Management, Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life-threatening. Participants focus on secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice.
- Injury Assessment, Illness Assessment, Bandaging, Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
- Includes first aid treatment reference
- Care for Children – This portion allows participants to learn, practice and apply emergency care skills specific to helping infants and children with medical emergencies. It’s designed for those who work with children or are likely to have to respond to emergencies involving youngsters.
- Scene Assessment, Barrier Use, Primary Assessment, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR, child and infant), Serious Bleeding Management, Shock Management, Spinal Injury Management, Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management (child and infant)
- Injury Assessment, Bandaging, Illness Assessment.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your Emergency First Response Training, one of our qualified Phoenix Divers Instructors will get in touch with you to discuss learning material & practical training days.
- This course requires 2 days of practical assessment
- Normally over weekends but possible for during the week training