Love sharks? Scared of sharks? Or do you just want to know more about them? Enroll in an AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty course and discover the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies. You’ll learn more about why they are an essential part of a healthy ecosystem and the causes of declining shark populations as well as the actions you can take to become a knowledgeable and passionate shark defender. By being informed, you can dispel misconceptions and act to protect sharks. Sharks need you!!
To enroll in this course you must be:
- A PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or similar from another diving agency)
- At least age 12 or older
At the end of your study session and two open water dives, you will be able to explain:
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
By completing this course you will also be one step closer to achieving the covenant title of Master Scuba Diver and joining the elite group of divers.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI AWARE Shark Conservation Course, you will receive an email with the information you need, to start learning about the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies.
Your Phoenix Divers PADI Instructor will contact you about scheduling time for practical training.
- This course requires 1 - 2 days of practical assessment
- Normally over weekends but possible for during the week training