Skin diving is snorkeling while making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re brand new to the scuba & would like to test the waters.
The PADI Junior Skin Diver course teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination.
To enrol in a PADI Junior Skin Diver course:
- You must be at least 8-14 years old.
- You need to be comfortable in the water.
- No prior experience is required.
- Live in or near the Gauteng (South Africa) province, to be able to do the practical dive sessions
- Parental permission is needed.
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you about:
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling and skin diving techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel and performing effortless surface dives.
Surface swimming, snorkeling while making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life.
- 8-14 years
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to use basic snorkeling equipment including a mask, snorkel, fins, snorkeling vest, exposure protection like a wet suit and dive weights as needed.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Junior Skin Diver Course, your Instructor will then contact you about scheduling time for in-water training.
Ask your instructor about the PADI Discover the Underwater World video and companion piece – The Snorkeler’s Field Guide. Although not required for the course, these videos have great tips that will come in handy when you hit the water and the field guide covers different underwater environments along with common aquatic life.
Your Phoenix Divers - PADI Skin Diver Course includes:
- This Course Requires 3 Practical Day
- Normally Over Weekends
- Full gear rental
- First-rate certification