The PADI Seal Team is for young scuba divers who are looking for action - packed fun in a pool by completing exciting AquaMissions. Do cool stuff in the pool, and meet friends.
Have you ever wondered what it's like to dive with flashlights, take digital pictures underwater or float effortlessly like an astronaut? Beyond learning basic scuba skills, there are specialty AquaMissions, such as wreck diving, navigation, buoyancy, environmental awareness and more.
To join the PADI Seal Team:
- A child must be 8 years of age or older.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but kids should be comfortable in the water.
- Parental approval is required.
The PADI Seal Team program teaches responsibility and respect for the aquatic realm and is broken into two parts:
- Part one: Aqua Missions 1 - 5, covers basic scuba diving skills, such as breathing underwater, clearing a mask, recovering a regulator and swimming around experiencing the sensation of being weightless. Each session takes about an hour. Complete these AquaMissions and become a recognized PADI Seal Team Member. Your experience may also count toward the PADI Open Water Diver course when you’re old enough to participate in the course.
- Part two: 10 specialty AquaMissions, includes adventures like creature identification, search and recovery diving, and skin diving. Complete all of these and you’ll become a PADI Master Seal Team Member – joining an elite group of young scuba divers.
In the PADI Seal Team program, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Seal Team, your Phoenix Divers PADI Instructor will contact you about scheduling time for in-water training.
- Normally over weekends but possible for during the week training
You will also receive your PADI Seal Team Crewpak.
Your pack includes everything a PADI Seal Team Member needs to prepare for AquaMissions including a fun video, activity book with puzzles, and logbook pages to track your adventures.