To enroll in this course must be:
- At least age 15 or older
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or similar from another diving agency)
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
You’ll want to use your own mask, fins, snorkel and exposure suit. Your Phoenix Divers Instructor will explain the sidemount equipment you’ll need, such as a BCD and harness configured for sidemount diving along with cylinders, each with a regulator and SPG.
As soon as you sign up (added the course to your cart and payment cleared) with Phoenix Divers to do your PADI Sidemount Diver Course, you will receive an email with the learning information you need.
You will get your PADI Sidemount Diver and Tec Sidemount Diver Manual. You can read chapter one before meeting with your instructor to review key points. By studying ahead, you’ll be better prepared to start using your sidemount gear.
- This course requires 2 - 3 days of practical assessment
- Normally over weekends but possible for during the week training